Asked on Jan 7, 2019

How do I prep kitchen cabinet doors for a makeover?

Simple Decorating Tips

what Is the best way to prep kitchen cabinet doors for a makeover, and what type of paint treatment is the most durable?

• Simple Decorating Tips

The secret is to use a good bonding primer LIKE THIS ONE. It will bond the paint to the cabinets really well. Once the primer is dry, you can go ahead and paint it with 2 coats of latex for a good durable finish. My site Simple Decorating Tips has other DIY & decorating projects too.

• GrandmaHoney

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this project.Do I have to sand them or clean them with a special solvent before putting on the bonding primer?

• Simple Decorating Tips

It's always a good idea to wipe them down to clean off dust and particles. If they seem greasy, I'd wash them with dish soap water and dry thoroughly. But as far as having to sand, no, you shouldn't need to as long as you use the bonding primer I gave you the link for. That's per their directions! I've used it for years, and it works fantastic!