Rustic Candle Holders

$15

A hotel spa in Nashville wanted some sets of log candle holders in 3 different heights. We took the project on, and are very happy with the finished result. This is what we did!!

rustic candle holders

First, find some dry logs that have the diameter that you’re looking for.

rustic candle holders

Get a straight draw and some coffee and debark the logs until your hearts content😜 I may have had some whiskey coffee for this part.

rustic candle holders

Get as much of the bark off as you possibly can, to save on sanding time.

rustic candle holders

The next step is to sand down the logs until your desired smoothness and then apply a coat of poly. This way you seal them while keeping the beautiful natural look. We then grouped them into sets of 3 and joined them together with some rope. They look great!

rustic candle holders

Some of the candle holders we kept the tops flat and a few we used a forstner bit to recess some t-lite candles. You can make the space the right size for the candles you'd like to use. Both ways looked great! Enjoy!

To see more: //www.instagram.com/sawdustandwhiskey

• Susan

Very pretty. These candles are also quite beautiful with the bark. I’ve made those.

• Lisa West

I'm going to do this. I have been wanting to for some time. And since we are getting a snow storm this weekend with heavy winds. Tree fall will be much. Thank you for sharing. Just gorgeous.