How to Spray Paint the Front Door!

I found it easier to tape off and spray paint my front door since it had raised panel and windows. My door was in sad shape, and a lot of you "Hometalkers" weighed in your opinion on what color to paint my front door. Thank you for those that helped with my choice. I am thrilled with how it turned out.
front door spray paint hot to, curb appeal, doors, how to, painting
Love the "Colonial Red"
First step was to tape off the windows and surrounding areas. Remove the hardware and spray with a metal primer first.
I did use a hand brush to paint the blue strip in between the white and black. This area was to hard to tape off, not crisp edge.
Since the door would need to be cracked open to get the edges,I did remove the door to spray paint it. I did not want any fumes or spray dust going in to the house.
Come over to see what brand I used!
DeDe @ Designed Decor

• Juanita Robinett

I've been wanting to do this, too, and have the same problem as others: the storm door will ruin the effect. But when I figure it out, I'm going with terra cotta.

• DeDe @ Designed Decor

@Juanita Robinett You can try a storm door with a full glass panel, it gives you the protection but you can still see your whole door!

• Dee

Wow love the door and windows nice . Red is not my fav but it looks great on your door. I was just saying to a hometalker i have a red door in memory of my mom it was her fav color.