Asked on Jan 7, 2019

How do I get rid of mice?

Kathy Gunter LawRebecca taylorKelli L. Milligan

How is the best way to get rid of mice in the attic?

• Kelli L. Milligan

Rat Poison. We tried all home made remedies, no kill traps, finally kill traps, after 40+ dead mice I just couldn't take it any longer their cute little faces, broke my heart but the smell of poop and pee was awful. Got Tom Cat bait block. Finally they were done, went away to die. Finally got it all cleaned up, 6 months of hell. Start with the poison

.

• Rebecca taylor

Hi there, other than hiring a professional, the best way is to get mouse traps that have a deep well. Mix up some instant mashed potatoes and put in the well. They love instant potatoes. I had to mice I couldn't catch til I used instant mashed potatoes. If you don't kill them or have an exterminator take them away they will have babies and the problem grows. Here is a link to a deep well trap.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PIC-PMT-2-Simple-Mouse-Trap/19669080

• Kathy Gunter Law

They can't stand the smell of peppermint oil or cinnamon oil. I bought a spray that is 50/50 of the 2 oils and it keeps them away from our farmhouse. Nothing else ever worked, not poison or traps, they just kept coming. Glue traps were most effective but not 100%.

You can soak cotton balls with the oil and place around to keep them out.

Just remember to keep replenishing as the smell dwindles.