Giustina
Giustina
  • Mc Donald, TN

Eighth Month of House Building

$000
1 Month
Advanced

Our eighth month of house building with a video update of our dream home that has been painted outside & now has hardwood floors!!

I'm so excited to share an update of our 8th month of house building! So much has happened this month so I thought I'd list them out for you:

1. The painting of the exterior has been completed. 
  2. Our tile was delivered from Knoxville.
  3. The tile was 75% laid.
  4. The wood floors were installed. (The first of two sanding/staining coats will be done in late January or early February.)
  5. Our garage door arrived & was installed.
  6. We finalized our door & window trim order.
  7. Our interior doors arrived at the warehouse & are ready to be delivered to our house, excluding the bonus room & pantry room doors which will be glass.

Here is a little video update so that you can see this whole month come together!

I know some people were concerned when they saw that our floors were installed before the walls were painted, but these are unfinished wood floors so we had some flexibility in regards to when we had them installed. And for those who are still worrying, you can rest assured that after the walls are painted the floors will be sanded & stained. Then once everything else is installed, like cabinets & lighting, they will do a final sand & poly on the floors. And since the floors arrived before the trim we opted to get the floors installed so that our whole project wasn't delayed 2-4 weeks. So no worries here! These floors are going to be dark & gorgeous!

I can't wait to start landscaping this spring! Do you have any favorite bushes or flowers? I'd love suggestions as I'm making a whole list to take to our nursery in the spring!

• Wood
  • Windows

Giustina