Asked on Jan 7, 2019

How do I get rid of a gopher in my yard?

SAMDORLISDeb
+3

We have tried numerous things that were advised to us and so far our gopher has dodged them all!!

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

I would really think about hiring a professional. I know it seems like a lot of money, but we did this for $70 and then had them come back for a few more months and they took care of it quickly and our yard was saved.

• Mona Blake

Underground rodents hate vibration. Buy a mole chaser.

• Cindy

Hi Sandy. I'm Cindy. I did a bit of reading to come up with a humane solution to get rid of your gopher. Gophers are territorial and will stick to about an acre each. Begin by planning an exit route you hope they will follow out and away from your property. Then begin by putting peppermint oil in the holes nearest your house. Next day put it in the holes and tunnels a little further out and away from your house. Continue this regiment until they are finally gone. Good luck.

• Deb

I thought maybe you could live-trap them, but they may live in a colony.

• DORLIS

I have a family living under my shed. I cannot afford professionals so am resorting to a dog. I also have a cat who will take on anything.

• SAM

I've had quiet a bit of luck with juicy fruit gum and or exlax.just put a piece of each in each tunnel every other day or so and you'll notice them leaving ,encourage your neighbors to do this also.