Asked on Jan 8, 2019

How do I make toilet paper and paper towel rolls into holders?

Fiddledd224JudyDwp7470b
+1

• Cindy

Hi Vicki. I'm Cindy. Last Spring I used both kinds of rolls to start my vegetables and flowers. I purchased 3 disposable aluminum pans from Dollar Tree. Each pan had a plastic lid. I cut the rolls into approx 3 inch pieces. I put soil into each tube with 1 or 2 seeds. I marked each tube with the name of seeds in them. I put all of them in the aluminum pans and put the clear lids on each pan. Placed all of the pans in a sunny window. I spritzed the plants every couple days. They grew into small plants and when it was time to plant, they all went into the gardens around my house. I even made hanging baskets too. Saved a bunch of money by growing my own plants rather than buying them from a store. Yay.

• Dwp7470b

You want to make paper towel holders out of the Cores, I presume?

Well firstly: you should use a 48 inch dowel instead.

Secondly, For Toilet Paper Holders you need to use a Paper Towel Holder and you need to Cut a slit in the core lengthwise so you can tighten it up by rolling it tightly and you Slip it in a Fabric like silk, Voila, you saved 90 cents on a Dowel that does same.

Lastly: for Paper Towels you need make two that interlock and that is where you meet the snafu that you really cannot do.

I have seen many failed creations to substitute for Paper Towel Holders. Best bet is a Chain on Large Hooks, as, Industrial Grade Never Fails.

• Judy

Holders for what?

• Fiddledd224

I'm confused by your question...please clarify...thanks!