Asked on Jan 8, 2019

How do I go about creating a “Fairy Garden” in my back yard?

SeenaGarden Up Green - CarolePamela
+4

• Pamela

Hi ! Look on pintrest, there are tons of ideas there , but first look on the hometalk site , I don't remember seeing a tutorial here , but there probably are some postings!

• Garden Up Green - Carole

There are so many ideas on Pinterest - I even have a board that might spark some ideas. The first thing is to find a container that you want to hold the fairy garden. This can be anything from a bird bath, raised bed, wheel barrow and the list goes on. I sometimes think the container is the most important part of the process.

My Fairy Garden Pinterest Board here.

https://www.pinterest.com/GardenUpgreen/fairy-gardens/

• Seena

Gale ~ There are many places to go and look into ideas for your new Fairy Garden :)

As a gardener all of my life, the very first thing I would suggest is decide what kind of garden you would like - shade or sun. Once you make that decision go and look into the variety of plants that grow well in either area. If you're creating your garden on the ground somewhere, think about animals. You don't want to create something magical only to have a dog/cat decide that's gonna be their new place to 'mark' their territory (LOL ~ all said from experience) Good luck and more than anything have FUN!! {\o/}

• Seena

Gale ~ you're more than welcome! I love doing Fairy Gardens! I actually find a LOT of my garden 'supplies' right out in the great outdoors ~ rocks, funky sticks/branches, moss, etc. etc. If I travel, I'm always looking for rocks, bark, branches etc. that don't grow in my area. Again, have fun it's very relaxing!