Asked on Jan 8, 2019

How do I cover an exposed electric panel?

Zard PocleebDarlene WillimanGrandmasHouseDIY
+1

In our bedroom we have an exposed electric panel!! We are concerned about EMFs. What is the best way to cover the panel?

• Teach_manners

Hang picture over it.

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Avril, when you say exposed do you mean it doesn't even have a door on it? If it doesn't then that's priority #1, take measurements of your panel and get a to-code door on it asap. After that, like the previous commenter mentioned, a picture covering it would work fine.

• Darlene Williman

Teach_Manners answer is probably the best as it keeps you panel hidden while easy to get to. I painted mine the same color as the wall and that helped but is behind a door so few people see it. I think the picture is a better solution.

• Zard Pocleeb

There’s not much to it. You build a frame large enough to allow the panel cover to be removed if necessary. Below are a couple of pics of the one I built for my house.