Heathered Nest
Heathered Nest
  • Garrett Park, MD

Let's Give 'Em Somethin' to Chalk About

We have three kids here at the Heathered Nest. And kids, at least OUR kids, love to *think* they are getting away with something. This is why God created chalkboard paint .
Truth be told, I loved chalkboard paint even before we had kids. In my first place, I proudly painted a prominent wall in my kitchen, right by the wine fridge, with chalkboard paint. That's where I'd write my shopping list:
1. milk
2. bread
3. more wine for wine fridge...
chalkboard walls chalkboard paint, basement ideas, chalkboard paint, painting, wall decor
After we got married, we bought another house, and we renovated the basement. Right around that same time, the newest member of the tribe arrived on the scene.
This was his first chalkboard wall...in a little nook under the stairs.
He loved it. Then, we moved again. Another house, another chalkboard wall. And it was in a space where both the adults, and the kids could get some use out of it.
Surprise, surprise, we moved yet again. This time, we thought, let's skip the chalkboard paint. That thought didn't stick so we went ahead and painted the chalkboard wall to end all chalkboard walls!
This sucker is 15' long and 8' tall. 120 square feet of graffiti-able heaven...any mischievous child's dream. And those sneaky little mischief-makers are having a blast.
Come see more of it in our BASEMENT REMODEL HERE!!
Incidentally, just so you know...ABOVE is a BEFORE picture of the chalkboard wall...it is the wall with the windows shown below. Yes, the pine paneling was removed (sorry all you knotty pine lovers...it did go to a new home though if that is any consolation to you). We had to do a lot of "gutting" in this basement thanks to issues we found with mold, mice, and termites (LOTS of fun).
Come hang with us at any of these fave spots:
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/heathernest
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/heathered_nest

Heathered Nest