Kimberly Noelle
Kimberly Noelle
  • Cheyenne, WY

A Bohemian Inspired Mural for Little Girls Room.

$0

My youngest daughters room was lacking in some personality. I didn't want to paint all the walls and trim because we are remodeling the basement and I didn't want to start another mess, so instead I decided I would paint a little wall mural above her bed to add a bit of spunk for now.
mural bohemian little girls room, bedroom ideas, diy, home decor, painting
I wanted it to have a Fancy Nancy vibe with a bohemian twist because my little blondie is my free spirit and I wanted to create something special for her.
Before
I love the illustrations of Fancy Nancy books, the vibrant colors outlined in black.
I wanted something that wasn't serious. I wanted fun, vibrant, quirky, and childlike.
The tree started like a normal tree and then I decided I was going to make it whimsy and bohemian like so I added scrolls as branches and a green trunk with flowers sporadically blooming throughout. The heart in the middle has her initials.
The painted bright drawings overlapped with a messy black outline, almost like you colored a little out of the lines. I wanted it to be childlike, bright, and fun.
We are still working on her room, the carpets going to be taken out as we are now in the middle of remodeling the basement so I didn't want to get too crazy right now with redoing her room.
Kimberly Noelle