Asked on Jan 9, 2019

How do I arrange a sewing room?

TinyshoesNicki Petruzzella Kerns

I am looking for an easy simply way to arrange my sewing room. A list of what things should be stored together for an easier find when needing them.

• Nicki Petruzzella Kerns

My sewing area, which currently is half of our den, is fairly organized (that's fair as in fair condition LOL) but could use a good purge right now. Currently I have two plastic rolling drawer units that are stacked on top of each other next to my sewing machine cabinet. Each drawer contains one type of item: cutting/tracing tools, serger thread, lace trims, interfacing/stabilizers, and for some reason ?I have a drawer that's got nothing but glue in it! There are also several empty drawers at the moment; each of those is meant for a project in progress.

I also have three shelves on the wall above my machines which hold patterns and books, as well as knick-knacks. There is also a folding cutting table with storage inside, and that's where I keep large bulky items such as stuffing and quilt batting. Hope that helps!

• Tinyshoes

Judy...Make sure you have good light is very important. My machine is at a window where I have natural light and there is nothing any better. Nicki has some other great ideas as well.