Aimee B
Aimee B
  • Sicklerville, NJ
Asked on Jan 9, 2019

How can I use sandstone paint?

Nan W.JaniceOliva

I want to paint the bottom portion of my kitchen wall with a sandstone paint. I was curious if this is something that is hard to do and would it hurt the resale if I were to sell the house?

• Oliva

Most kitchens are better with a flat surface to facilitate cleaning. Why not opt for a different tone/color, if you desire that demarcation.

Satin, semi gloss finishes are more easily cleaned. Use semi gloss only if walls have no blemishes.

I don't think many buyers would want a sand paint in a kitchen.

• Janice

Hi Aimee, it isn't hard to do, just similar to any paint job. As a former Realtor, I would say it isn't likely to increase the value of your home. If buyers don't like it, they'll consider it as one more task they'll need to add to their to-do list to make the house their own.

• Nan W.

Aimee: I recently bought a home. While home-shopping, if I would have seen that technique, I would have no wanted it --- and seen it as a "to do" project. ...not desirable. For resale: simple and neutral!