Vintage Wine Bar

This little gal had seen better days! The base was solid (rusty but solid) and the top well it had to go.
The first thing I did was remove the dilapidated top (attached by screws). Then cleaned the bottom and painted with Rustoleum White Enamel to stop the rust from returning.
We found a piece of pine wood at the hardware store that was the right depth but wrong length. We cut the wood down to 33" long.
Finally, I used Websters Chalk Paint powder mixed with a pure white paint and water. I used the paint as a wash just enough so the wood was still visible. Sealed with 4 coats of polycyclic (to avoid yellowing but still easy clean up).
Then we added 2 under counter wine glass holders to the bottom and reattached the top with the original screws.
Perfect piece for a small space and entertaining! BONUS - its on wheels.

Michelle Gorman

• GR

Lovely work! I've just bought one at auction that has it's original sewing machine (it even seems to have been adapted for electricity although I'm a bit worried about health and safety :-0) It's in pretty good condition but they do sell better as tables so I'll restore it and see if I get any takers otherwise it'll get a new top too.

• Michelle Gorman

I wish this one had been better off, would have been beautiful before it was let go.

• Jack

I have two single very old metal bed ends which I hid in the ground that I will make something out of soon !!!