6 Budget Friendly Ways to Improve Your Front Door's Curb Appeal

I've made no secret about how much I hate our front door, but it simply isn't in the budget right now to replace it. I decided to try out some cheap makeover projects to see if I could improve the front door's curb appeal; and I couldn't be happier with the transformation! Check out my blog post for more tips and details!
front door curb appeal budget, doors
Rather than incur the large expense of replacing our outdated front door, we decided to try to some budget friendly makeovers until we can save up for a new door.
front door curb appeal budget, doors
We tackled 6 different parts of our front door: 1. updating the lighting 2. adding planters 3. painting 4. upgrading the door hardware 5. adding house numbers 6. adding a whimsical door mat
front door curb appeal budget, doors
Here is a before and after of the front door. Each little makeover was under $20 except for the door hardware which was totally the the splurge :) It may not be a new door but it certainly feels like it is!
Simply Swider- Stephanie

• Donna

Really couldn't see the 'Before' picture at all, but the 'After' is really pretty. I'd love to know what the deep red color on the door is. It's beautiful!
    • Donna

Thanks Stephanie.... I can't buy Behr paint where I live, but can probably find a color swatch online, or order a sample like I've done before. I wonder if your door color is similar to Benjamin Moore's Georgian Brick? Your mix is a really nice color! Did you use latex exterior paint with a satin finish? I've been dithering forever over my front door paint color...along with a color to paint our shutters... and your door has given me another color to add to my ever-growing list of possibilities.  I live in a 100+ year old small farmhouse with white siding, a dark taupe architectural shingled roof , forest green shutters and a buckskin colored door almost identical to yours...and I'm ready for a change of color for the shutters and door. Can't change the roof or siding, obviously. Your door color would work with the roof, I think. Anyhow, thanks again!

• Sue

Very nice!! Sure adds great curb appeal.

• Lori

It's lovely. You don't need to change it, you did what needed to be done. Good job.