Asked 4 days ago

How do I remove stains from a carpet?

EjZinaDee
+11

I just moved in a new apartment that is all carpeted and my cat vomit on it. First thing I did was cover it with salt and vacummed it up the next day but it left a brown stain on a gray carpet. How do I remove it?

q how to remove stain from carpet
  • Hi there, hopefully some of these recipes would help: https://www.coit.com/top-five-carpet-stains

I've had good luck with a 50/50 mix of hot water and vinegar on my rugs

• Folex Stain Remover. Available at the grocery store. You spray it on, work into the carpet with your fingers and blot (not scrub) to dry. It even takes out that awful orange cat-food-vomit stain.

• Kathleen

mix baking soda,vinager,dish liquid soap. works for me. don't rub to ''hard'' and don't ''soak'' it. rub in a circle. you will maybe have too do it a few times.

• Kathleen
      Yesterday

i always use one half cup white vinegar, one half cup of baking soda, a few squirts of dish soap in a half bucket of water. (cool water) for a meduim stain. it ''always'' works for me.

• Ginny Suber

Thank you all very much it worked.

• Karen

White vinegar and water: 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water in to a spray bottle and shake to mix. Use a white cloth or white paper towels. Spray areas well but don't soak it and let sit for 10-15 seconds. Lay the cloth/paper towel on top of stain. Take your hand and press down and across area. Do not rub. You may have to do this 2-3 times but use a clean cloth or paper towel each time. By the way, you can use water and white vinegar to clean almost anything. If your sprayer has a misting option you can spray the air in your home, your fabric furniture, top of your bedding, just about anything. However, I would used distilled water for this one. Water from your spigot has chemicals in them and can leave an off-color spot. After a minute or two you cannot smell the vinegar.

• Karen
      Yesterday

I so had to laugh....picking up the gross stuff! LOL! Did not know that Clorox wipes would not change colors on carpet. You are brave to try this. I have two cats. They walk, play and lay on floors...the same with children. Cats lick their paws and their fur. Children put their hands in their mouth. That is why I use white vinegar. Not toxic to cats or children. Clorox wipes does contain pesticides...just so you know.

• Ajohnsonfamily

Try using LA’s totally awesome got it at Dollar a general couple bucks! Spray and let sit for a few minutes then gently rub out with rag let air dry... might have to repeat. Had great luck with this .. if you have very hat rug might need to work in spray just a little to help penetrate...

• Dee
    Yesterday

white vinegar and dawn will do the trick. Let it sit a few minutes and then clean with warmish water. Blot the excess

• Zina
    15 hours ago

The Awesome stuff works I agree I have four dogs, I do go over it a second time with the steam cleaner plain water due to chemicals though

• Ej
    31 minutes ago

Peroxide also removes stains from carpeting.