Asked on Jan 9, 2019

How to use pine tree wood?

Lynn SorrellAlexis @ Chemistry CachetNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA

We live in the lost pines in Texas, recently and unfortunately we lost 4 70-90 ft. Pine trees, due to the pine beetles. Any recommendations on what to do with the leftover and cut up wood?

• How sad, I feel your pain. After it cures, can take up to a year, you can make a ton of really cool furniture! Also side tables with bun feet or hairpin legs, charger plates, serving slabs are all the rage. Just Google and see what excites you.

• Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet

My husband makes all kinds of furniture with pine. We have made coffee tables for inside, but you can also build many things outside with pine wood!

• Lynn Sorrell

When I lived up in Flagstaff we got hit hard lost massive trees that were probably 50-100 yrs old it was sad. We traded some for juniper for wood stove,made huge fire pit benches from the massive tree trunk bases,had quite of few nice big bon-fires,traded one with friend who had portable mill got a bunch of free lumber then built a better chicken coop,run add to trade for something you want more than the wood,donate it to school(woodworking/shop)or local adult or kids rec center,donate to animal shelter for use or resale,make furniture or crafts,sell it to lumber yard or firewood place,just sell it on craigs list