Ellen Day
Ellen Day
  • Olean, NY
Asked on Jan 9, 2019

How do I stencil a dresser?

Kathy Gunter LawBobbieLinda Sikut

I have just painted my chest of drawers and a dresser. I want to stencil them. I have the stencil and paint tape. I would like to know how to stencil them. I'm not sure how to align them next to each other. Thank you all. You're awesome!!

• Linda Sikut

HI Ellen,

This is Linda. Thank you so much for your compliment. I'm sure all the Hometalk helpers appreciate your words. :) Here's a great tutorial for you about stenciling. The first part is what the author loves, but below that are the details of how designed for a beginner. I hope this helps you. Wishing you the best!

https://thriftdiving.com/how-to-use-stencils/

• Bobbie

You can go on YouTube and find fantastic videos with detailed instructions on several different types of stenciling. Check it out and enjoy learning a new fun hobby....

• Kathy Gunter Law

I would recommend you practice on a piece of scrap wood or something along those lines. It's tricky and you don't want to ruin your paint job practicing. Another tip is to use paint sparingly.

Good luck and post a project when you are finished.