Margaret0579
Margaret0579
  • Goose Creek, SC
Asked on Jan 9, 2019

How do I get a fitted sheet that will fit my Queen size mattress well?

OlivaKathy Gunter LawGrandmasHouseDIY

I can never find a fitted sheet that will fit my Queen size mattress. I like them tight and not with wrinkles. I have tried those elastic clips but they do not work. Need help on this for I hate to sleep on the bed. Also how to fold those fitted sheets. Thank you!

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Here's a tutorial on how to fold a fitted sheet: https://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/cleaning/laundry/fold-fitted-sheet

And here's something I saw the other day on how to use bungee cords to get a truly TIGHT fitted sheet around a mattress. https://imgur.com/ofEhcit

• Margaret0579

I think I am going to try the bungee cords but it is hard to flip mattress everytime I change the sheets. I also though of sewing strong elastic onto the sheet and tie on the other side. When Cannon use to make sheets, they were made to fit the bed much better. Thank you for the input

• Kathy Gunter Law

Most fitted sheets are made to fit up to 18" mattresses. You can look for sheets that have a lower height accomodation for a tighter fit. You might take in the sheets you currently have.

As for folding, I always match up the corner lengthwise then again and tuck inside each other. Then lay flat and fold down the 2 sides that have elastic until I have a rectangle that isn't gathered. I fold my flat sheet to the same size and lay on top of the fitted sheet. Then add the pillowcases and fold to a smaller rectangle. A lot of people save out one pillow case and place sheets and pillowcases inside the 1 case. Then fold over. I rarely do this but it's a neat way to keep everything together.

• Oliva

Amazon sells sheets for shallow depth (6-9") mattresses. If you google this, I'm sure you'll locate other retailers.