Valentine's Day Photo Embroidery

$2

Valentine's Day is the perfect time of year to make those heartfelt gifts for the special people in our lives... I found a way to give the most personalized gift and it's something that anyone would love to receive. I have ton's of photos - in boxes, in my basement. I decided to grab some photos and found a great way to personalize them.

valentine s day photo embroidery
valentine s day photo embroidery

Pick out your photo. You can use a scrap piece of paper for a guide if you want.

valentine s day photo embroidery

Decide where you want your shape, hole punch around the guide or freehand your design.

valentine s day photo embroidery
valentine s day photo embroidery

Now you can add your embroidery. This craft is so fast and easy, I have made about 20 for friends and family.

valentine s day photo embroidery

You can personalize the photos any way you want... get creative with it.

valentine s day photo embroidery

This is the photo I did for my daughter Scout... holding our dog Remy when she was just a puppy.

valentine s day photo embroidery

You can turn the photos into cards or use them to decorate a gift.

valentine s day photo embroidery

I used this wedding photo of Matt and I for some cool Valentine's Day décor in our home. This is such a sweet gift and you can add dates, initials, places... you name it.

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Nancy
    Yesterday

What a cute idea! Did you punch the holes with a large needle?

My grandparents lived in Longmont, and we spent every summer there as children in the 50's. I have wonderful memories of their house on 3rd Ave., mint chocolate chip ice cream from the Longmont Creamery, and walking downtown. We don't have basements in TX, so I was terrified of the dark closet down there!

• Longmont is a great town... it has grown so much recently! To tell you the truth, I’m still scared of my basement sometimes... never while I’m down there, but when i turn off the lights and walk up the stairs, which is why I always leave one light on.

I used a super tiny hole punch, but you can definitely use a large needle to poke the holes!

• Kelly
    15 hours ago

Super adorable plus easy and possibilities are endless!! Thank you for sharing.

• How sweet! Now I am thinking. Love to do this for one of my girlfriends, but we never take any photos when we are together. Maybe I will make my own card and do this. Will still be cute and original and when we get together later this year, I will buy a disposable camera to get some photos!