Mama's Homestead
Mama's Homestead
  • Galena, OH

Drying Clothes on a Clothesline:

Clotheslines can save you money by freeing up your dryer. Clothes dryers are real energy hogs. Hanging your clothes to dry saves energy and helps your dryer last longer. A dryer can break down the fibers, fade colors, and shrink your favorite clothing. Clothing hung on a clothesline to dry will last longer.
drying clothes on a clothesline, cleaning tips
Mama's Homestead

• Ginny

Hang T-shirts, blouses and sport shirts on hangers. Hold hanger in place with a clothespin. You won't get clothespin impressions on your clothes. Dollar Tree and other dollar stores sell plastic hangers at reasonable prices. When you buy a shirt or blouse, ask the cashier if you can keep the hanger the clothing is on. Surprisingly some stores will say "yes."

• Carey

When we were hanging clothes on a clothes line, to prevent clothespin impressions where they were an issue, we draped the shirt over the line under the arms and placed the pins in the under arm area. I hang things on my shower curtain rod if I am concerned about clothes pin marks, I use hangers. I drape sweaters over it as well carefully draping at the underarm area, fold the sleeves over the sweater so that they will not be stretched out. It works well and the sweater actually gets dry!