Asked on Jan 10, 2019

How do I create a fence against rabbits' eating my raised garden?

FlipturnJudyJoris Heise
+5

Newly established, 18" high garden served as salad for teh rabbits this past summer, and I want to build a fence equal to the task of keeping them out, but also enabling me to get in and weed and thin.

• Pg

Put stakes in the soil border and wrap chicken wire around the perimeter. Staple the chicken wire to the stakes as you go.

• Oliva

Place French marigolds or onions on the outer perimeter to deter rabbits.

• Garden Up Green - Carole

Here's an idea - I call them covered raised beds. May be a good option for you

https://www.gardenupgreen.com/2016/02/covered-raised-bed.html

• Joris Heise

Carole--I can make those but the size needs some creativity--which I am good at. I will draw it up and try to show them to you. I notice the hinges! And gotta figure out whether and how to let the tomatoes and corn grown. THANKS!

• Judy

Get some moth balls and put around the spot where you don't want the rabbits to bother. It'll also keep cats away

• Judy

I have raised boxes about 15 ft. long, I put one moth ball on each corner and one in the middle, and have no trouble with critters. Give it a try.

• Flipturn

Whatever fence you decide to build, make sure that it is sunken down into the ground sufficiently to prevent the rabbits from burrowing under and still getting into your garden (yes, they will try it.)