Susan
Susan
  • Baltimore, MD
Asked on Jan 10, 2019

How do I get paint in shiplap grooves?

BrendaJennifer Weber FergusonGk
+3

I primed my shiplap and installed it. I had it professionally sprayed. the paint did not go in the grooves.

• Lynn Sorrell

Brush or thick longer nap roller They need to come back & finish the job doesn't sound like they are professional at all just paid painters.

• Morgan McBride

I would definitely call back the people you paid. It sounds like they did not do a proper job.

• Pg

Use a wedge-shaped sponge brush to apply in the cracks, but I would call the contractor and have them fix it up for you. You paid for it to be done right.

• Gk

I would have used a small brush first on the grooves and then painted the rest. Shoddy workmanship on their part.

• Jennifer Weber Ferguson

You need to contact the painting contractor that you paid for this project and have them come make it right. They should have brushed in the grooves and then sprayed.

• Brenda

You should have painted the wall a slightly darker color first, nothing to see.