Asked 6 days ago

How can I decorate this new room divider?

CourtneyCra6688274Krafty Mrs.K
+8

Ideas on decorating this new room divider I made from two bi-fold closet doors and already painted.

q ddecorating ideas
  • It's beautiful as is, it may be " extra work" keeping the décor such as flowers, photos, etc. on the room divider clean. Live with it until something interesting comes to you, when it feels right you will know what to decorate with. Enjoy your handy work, its lovely.

• CJ

Very pretty, Julie! Great job with your doors,

How about hanging small to medium size wreaths on each panel? Willow or grapevine wreaths with minimal decorations added would be light weight and add spots of color.

Alternately, you could hang art or photos.

It depends on what you love and makes you happy to look at and where/how you will be using it.

Enjoy your new divider!

• Johnavallance82

Hello there,

How about using wallpaper or wrapping paper or fabric in the panels to tone with your room or style!

eg: Like plants but ot the maintenance - use Paper with Plants! Like the outdoors, but live in a apartment - use Paper with Birds! love classic but not confident with hanging wallpaper - Paper the screen instead.

• Deborah Anthony

or fabric organza fabric, so many pretty styles and can get relatively inexpensive in rolls, highlight of color, but still can see your wood underneath. I did this with the panels of my cabinet doors and love it.

• Lindy

I love the idea of wreaths--small boxwood with a ribbon looped around the top for hanging. Also strippable wallpaper for the center panels would look lovely. Maybe something in a French toile pattern? Or you could stencil a fleur de lis on the middle panels and hang the boxwood above on the top, or use the French love letter stencil---oh my gosh, I WANT them! I have a divider with a cut-out pattern which I stapled thin striped fabric to in a pleated style to each individual panel. I then covered the outline of the panel with braid. You have a beautiful blank canvas--I would replace the knobs for something more decorative as well.

• Julie Tanner

Thank you all so much!! I love the idea of wreaths also❤

• Suellen Hintz

My suggestion was also a wreath but a striking picture or photo hung with ribbon would be wonderful too. The method of hanging the item should be decorative rather than utilitarian.

• Karen

Not sure what your style is but may I suggest hanging artwork (in the frame) on your doors. Like walls, you do not have to cover the entire wall and/or each individual panel.

• Krafty Mrs.K

BEAUTIFUL AS IS. Less is more so just hang one wreath, mirror or piece of art in the middle. maybe change it seasonally.

• Cra6688274

Decoupage them and antique as final stage.

• Courtney
    30 minutes ago

Paint it with chalk paint or cover it with removable wallpaper!