Budget-Friendly Pantry Makeover

$50

My mom's pantry wasn't looking too good and it was nearly impossible to find anything in there! So one afternoon we vowed to get it in working order.

Here it is before we got our hands on it. Stuffed to the brim with food, random items, and home supplies.

The first thing we did was clear everything out of there. With it cleared we wiped down the shelves and swept the floor to start with a clean slate.

With everything out in the kitchen, we sorted through and made toss, keep, and donate piles.

Here's what the pantry looks like after a few new baskets, containers, and an afternoon of hard work!

To label items, we used paper and a clothespin. This was incredibly easy and can be swapped out in an instant if the categories change in the future.

We also used clear containers to showcase pantry staples and labeled those as well. For more scoop on how we labeled everything ( head to the blog post).

To see more photos of this gorgeous space and to learn more tips to get your pantry in tip-top shape, head to this blog post.

This makeover is proof that it doesn't take a lot of time or money to transform your own kitchen pantry!

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
The DIY Playbook

• Martha

my pantry is half the width of this one, what to do?

• Imjhale

I just moved & have a similar issue. I'm thinking if U shaped everything in 3 sides (wire shelves or free standing, not sure yet) ...and big items or baskets in the middle. Good luck to both of us!

• Macey

Great project tackle, thank you !

My challenge:

And by all means, I am not complaining, I'm very grateful!! But when my Husband built me my pantry (its aprx 15 x 8 w 4 deep shelves wrapped on 2 walls) he made the shelves really deep. Items are easily lost to the back. I did buy small wire racks/smaller shelves to run along the back to add heighth to the back wall. Helps some..any other ideas or suggestions? I'd really appreciate the feedback/ideas/suggestions. Here are a few pics. The last pic shows the depth as I moved some of the items to the back wall.

Have a nice day everyone - happy organizing.

Macey

For some reason, pics wont post....

• Chris

What happened to the mops and brooms?