Renee
Renee
  • Nokomis, FL
Asked on Jan 10, 2019

How do I clean a leather sofa?

CindyVimarhonorJudy
+1

What is the best product to use?

• Oliva

Lexol leather cleaner works well. Available at better hardware stores and furniture stores.

• Judy

Renee,

Saddle soap is a great product that I use to clean and condition leather.

• Vimarhonor

Hello

Hometalks How to Clean Your Leather Couch link might be informative. I hope it helps address ypur concerns.

https://www.hometalk.com/39874158/cleaning-your-leather-couch?expand_all_questions=1

• Cindy

Hi Renee. I'm Cindy. Begin by vacuuming your sofa with the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner. Then mix equal parts of water and white vinegar. Dip a microfiber cloth in this solution and wring it out so that it is damp. Wipe the entire sofa with this cloth while rinsing it often. Dry the sofa with a dry cloth. Be careful when using saddle soap. It can dissolve the leather over a period of time. Also do not expose your leather sofa to direct sunlight. It can age and dry the leather. Wishing you well.