Mud Room Cabinet Update

$15

There was an existing outdated cabinet in Mud Room that was in need of updating. Since I had gone with a bright orange on the walls in that room I wanted to chose an accent color that would compliment that color as well as some of the coat rack and vase that I had previously redone.

mud room cabinet update

I started by wiping down cabinet an making sure it was clean and ready for a coat of paint.

mud room cabinet update

I removed the doors and hinges and taped off the areas next to wall with painters tape.

mud room cabinet update

I poured the paint into a styrofoam plate and used a small trim size roller to apply. I went with an agave chalk paint, I liked the contrast with existing wall color.

mud room cabinet update

I began by rolling the side of the cabinet. It was really easy to cover with the Waverly chalk paint.

mud room cabinet update

I painted the doors and front of the cabinet.

mud room cabinet update

I used a small brush to get the areas the roller didn’t cover. I got a good solid coat on all of the cabinet and let it dry.

mud room cabinet update

Once it was dry I applied a coat of clear wax. I rolled it on using a small trim roller.

mud room cabinet update

I applied dark wax by dipping a soft cloth into the wax. I applied using up and down motion, applied lightly and immediately wiped off any excess wax till I achieved a look I was happy with.

mud room cabinet update
mud room cabinet update

• Https://www.walmart.com/ip/Waverly-Inspirations-Matte-Chalk-Finish-Acr  (Walmart)
  • Trim roller  (Walmart)