Wendy Harris
Wendy Harris
  • Waynesboro, VA
Asked on Jan 12, 2019

How do I paint behind a toilet?

Elizabeth RishelGkRedcatcec
+2

How can I paint behindthe toilet

• Jean

Use small long handle roller.

• Fiddledd224

You can find all kinds of extenders and other gadgets got brushes and rollers in the paint dept. Just for this purpose.

• Redcatcec

Hi Wendy,

To do this you have 2 options:

- the first would be to remove the toilet tank,-shut off the valve that supplies the water to the tank and flush, this will keep the water supply from refilling the tank. Then disconnect the water line that feeds the tank. Next is remove the tank from the bowl of the toilet.

-or you could just paint as far behind the toilet as your limberness and you paint brush will take you.

Best to you on your project.

• Gk

Cover the back of the toilet with a garbage bag and twist it a bit so it's tight. No paint on the toilet! You can purchase a very small roller--about 1.0 to 1.5 in diameter--and roll the paint right on. I have purchased these rollers at WalMart, Home Depot, and Menards.

• Elizabeth Rishel

You can either remove the toiled or get a paintbrush with a longer handle and just try your best! It's tricky!