Asked on Jan 12, 2019

How do I put a corsage on a tuxedo without putting hole in fabric?

JJCathy Flippin FergusonTinyshoes
+3

I understand that my question is unusual for this group however I know DIY excellence is found here. Can any of you come up with a clever idea on how to “pin” a corsage to a lapel or pocket of a tuxedo without puncturing the fabric? Thank you so much.

• Pamela

Maybe with magnets ??? Place a strong magnet to back of the corsage , then to the underside of the lapel ??? Good luck !

• If you could attach a magnet to the corsage and put another on the opposite side of the fabric, it might just work!

• Sal3170064

A hair grip or two might work. But these would probably show.

It would depend if they go over the stem. I suppose you could sew a loop to the back of the corsage to give the pins something to grip too.

Other than that you could try a magnetic clasp one side stuck to the corsage the other fix under the lapel to close.

• Tinyshoes

JJ...might use a velcro if the item isn't too heavy

• Cathy Flippin Ferguson

Corsage magnets. Work really well.

• JJ

Cathy, are corsage magnets a thing? I’ll have to check it out. I love the idea. I also thought of hair grips but the problem I’m having is that his date gets the boutineere and I’m unable to attach it quickly. I’ll have to give it some thought. We purchased a tux because it was less expensive than renting multiple times so I’m trying to keep it intact. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it very much.