Asked Yesterday

How do I make a protective plastic window covering for shower?

OlivaDenise

I want to make an inexpensive plastic covering for the window in my shower. It's a vinyl window, but a wood frame. I now have a shower rod across the wall with a shortened clear shower curtain, but want something a bit more solid, like a framed plastic sheeting. Any tips?

• Oliva
    Yesterday

You'll most likely need to make your cover capable of swinging to the side, because permanently affixing plastic over wood will have a negative affect on the wood.

• Denise
    Yesterday

lt's to protect the wood frame of a window in the shower. It can vent at the top!

• Oliva
    31 minutes ago

Hi, Denise,

Given the wood framing, I'm not sure how you could avoid moisture/mildew on the wood frame if you cover it with plastic, because your bath creates an enormous amount of humidity. You could experiment with a swing away system mounted out from the window to give the frame more breathing room. I'd run the exhaust fan during showers and for at least 30 minutes after showering and wiping down walls, just to be safe.