How to Clean Windows and Screens Like a Pro

$3.00

A professional cost $250 but we did it for $3. Stop by and see what products work the best. And see my secret screen cleaning product that restores them to new.
window screen cleaning diy budget, cleaning tips, diy, how to, windows
After consulting a professional and hearing it would be $250 to just clean the second story windows of our home I decided I would rather have that money to spend elsewhere and told my boys to go get the ladder. For one hour of time and $3 we had everything on the upper level done, I would say that was a great savings.
I had everything on hand to clean the windows so while one cleaned the other held the ladder.
One trick to clean streak free windows is use a very wet sudsy cleaning pad. Follow up with a microfiber cloth if you notice any drips. We chose to do all the outside windows first before it got to hot and then my boys moved inside.
While they were on the ladder they even decided to give the Big Buck a dusting.
For $3 we managed to do the same job a professional would do and it only took about 2 hours of time.
Here is a list of must have products to get your windows sparkling clean.
And this is a printable diagram for screen cleaning with your magic sponge.
Dawn @ Creative Cain Cabin

• B. Enne

It is great that your boys helped! :) For outside we always use this, http://www.windex.com/en-US/Products/Pages/outdoor-glass-and-patio-concentrated-cleaner.aspx and it is fast. I have tilt- in windows, and don't bother with them anymore., since a quick spray is so much faster. It cleans the screens, trim and even siding. You don't have to dry it and it is streak free.For inside I put a tbsp of cornstarch in a soup bowl of water. I take an old towel, dip it in the bowl, squeezing it out tightly and wipe, then I go over with a clean dry cloth--it even sparkles and repels dust. I suppose you could prepare some cloths before going up the ladder.

• Sherrie

I can clean a numerous Windows fast this way. I clean office windows all the time. Dish Sosp is the best faster cleaning way to clean windows. A great squeegee from Lowes and u can knock them out fast I use micro fiber cloth to wash them and then squeeggie to get the water off and a white terry cloth to get clean the edges. Less than a minute eac side of the window.