Paint Kitchen Cabinets With Chalk Paint

454K Views
We recently moved into our home, and the kitchen was dark and outdated. For around $200, I completely updated our kitchen by using chalk paint on the cabinets. If you have a little patience, the result is wonderful!
Cost: $200Difficulty: Medium
  • paint kitchen cabinets with chalk paint, chalk paint, diy, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting
My kitchen feels so bright and cheery now. I used Annie Sloan Old Ochre for the top cabinets and Versailles for the bottom cabinets.
This was my kitchen before. It was dark...
Removing the cabinets was time consuming, but the result is well worth the time!
I painted and waxed everything.
*UPDATE* I ended up repainting my cabinets a couple years later because I did not like the wax sealer. The chalk paint itself held up well, but the wax was next to impossible to clean. To see more details on why I repainted them, go to the link below:

Suggested materials for this project:

Sara @ sincerely, sara d.