Asked on Jan 13, 2019

Does anyone know where I can get a new one of these?

Jean M. HeroldJohn BiermacherBaxter
+7

Or a good way to replace it with something else more modern that won't break the bank? My condo was build in the 70's, the screws are not tight anymore and it wobbles like crazy, plus, it's just ugly. Thanks.

q does anyone know where i can get a new one of these
  • Kelli L. Milligan

What is It? Hand rail? Is it angled or just the picture? You can replace with simple wood rail and spindles.

• Ej

You could probably get some helpful answers if you stated what we are looking at.

• Tom Stuart

When you say the screws are not tight I assume that you have tried to tighten them but they still work loose. The wiggling over 40 years has enlarged the holes.Get screws that are 1/2 inch longer and replace them. This is a quick and inexpensive way to be sure your hand rail is safe while you figure out what design you want.

• Baxter

Before going to the expence of replacing the rail, I would remove it, spray a coat of good primer on it and then spray paint it black. Then replace all those loose screws. You might be amazed at the difference just changing the color will make. Good luck!

• John Biermacher

The stairs look contemporary so I think a stiles steel cable/rail system would look good. Have no idea how pricey it would be.

• Jean M. Herold

Thank you all for your input and help! Hopefully, these pictures will give you a little better view of what I am dealing with. Thanks!