Asked on Jan 13, 2019

How do I get rid of moles in my yard?

DebbieLisa WilliamsShelia Moreno
+8

I have underground moles eating my lawn and building tunnels. Neighbors don't have them. How do I get rid of them?

• Carol Cary
    Carol Cary

Drop an Exlax square into the holes.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

That is an interesting suggestion from Carol that I have never heard of. Please write back and let us know how well it worked.

• Shelia Moreno
    Shelia Moreno

Find the beginning and ending holes. Then put a water hose in one of the holes. With a hole digger in your hand, go to the other hole. The water will flush the gopher to the hole where you are. When he comes up to get air, snap him with the post hole digger and close the post hole digger like you were taking dirt out of the hole. This should break his neck. You can then put him in the trash can. This is the way a friend of mine took care of the gophers that came in my yard. These little guys are real cute however they will kill your yard if you don't take care of killing them.

• Shelia Moreno
    Shelia Moreno

Also I need to add, this way the creature doesn't stay in the hole to rot away and smell. Hope this helps.

• Karen Jacobs
      Karen Jacobs

I wish it was as simple as one tunnel. They have a maize of tunnels all under my small front yard.

• Lisa Williams
    Lisa Williams

We had this problem a few years ago. I got some solar in-ground stakes that emit sound and vibration under the surface. They work by irritating the moles and other underground critters. We noticed a change very quickly and there wasn't any new activity within about a week. I left that stake in the ground for about a year when the battery finally died and I replaced it with an above ground solar pest repeller. We have not had any issues with any underground burrowers since.

• Debbie
    Debbie

I got mas and took a mallet and hit each hole about four times...they left. DMaresh