Heart Shape Wine Table

$40

Valentine's is coming, and love is in the air! I made this cocktail table for two for Valentine's, but it really could be used for any time of the year! Here's how I made it.

heart shape wine table

Here are the basic pieces you’ll need to get started. One wood heart 12” out of 1”x12” the next will be 7” out of 2”x8”. It is important to use the heavier thickness on the bottom to keep the table balanced. You’ll also need one oak spindle, 3.5” screws, and paint. Besides some wood tools this is all it takes to make this fun wine table.

heart shape wine table

Once I cut out the top heart, I used my router to go along the edge to just give it a more custom look. If you don’t have one you could just leave it as it is.

heart shape wine table

Next, I took my screw gun and screwed the bottom heart on to my spindle using a three and a half inch screw. I used a pilot hole to make sure I didn’t crack my heart.

heart shape wine table

Next I took my 12” heart that I routered and screwed it on top of my spindle.

heart shape wine table

And that's it for the basic heart table. I then painted it and let it dry. I use mine next to my bed as a wine table.

heart shape wine table

If you'd like, you can also create a glass holder on the table top, flip the heart over and draw the base of the glass on each side of the heart.

heart shape wine table

Next find the center of the circle ⭕️ of your base of the glass

heart shape wine table

This is where you’ll make a hole.

heart shape wine table

Next you will make 2 lines going to the hole from the edge and cut. This will be where you slide the glass in! I made them to fit the stem of the glass. You will need to measure the glass stem to make sure it will slide in easily but not be to loose.

heart shape wine table

You can also choose to add any embellishments you'd like. I added a wood arrow and some lace to dress it up. But it's a really cute table and would look great any way you choose!

heart shape wine table
heart shape wine table
heart shape wine table

• Barb

Isn't this top-heavy with such a small heart on the bottom holding everything up?

• Cheryl Williamsen

I agree, especially on carpet and pad.

I think I’d make two concentric hearts for the bottom or re-purpose a torcheier lamp base.

• Denise Hardy

Ah... I think you've done great Shelly - they look gorgeous and a great idea :)

• Tay Seasons
    30 minutes ago

The link for resources isn’t correct. I ordered the hearts and they are too thin and I was only able to buy in multiples spending $27.00.