Asked on Jan 13, 2019

Should I paint ceiling the same color as the wall?

KarenNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAJennifer Weber Ferguson
+2

I am wanting to paint my walls a very pale blue/gray color. I am trying to decide if I need to paint the ceilings as well. Some of my rooms have crown molding and some do not. I though I would start with the bathrooms/laundry room and then move on to bigger rooms, and maybe just doing one wall. Painting the ceiling adds a lot more cost to the project as well.

thanks

• Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet

We painted the walls and ceilings the same in all of our bedrooms and bathrooms. It is such a great look. We have very tall ceilings with dimensions, and it really brought the room all together. We didn’t do the same in our living room, and I wish we would have.

• Ebbjdl

Jan,. Paint the ceiling white or off white, and whatever you paint the wall with, paint the registers white like the ceiling. Aloha.

• Jennifer Weber Ferguson

I personally prefer the ceilings to be a different color and lighter - just because of shadows the same color would look darker.

• Purely a personal preference. If you have standard height ceilings, lighter is better.

• Karen

FYI - Consider using satin paint as it reflects light.