Cute Basket Turned Light Fixture!

$15

As always, this story starts at Goodwill. I was shopping there one day and came upon this precious little basket. I picked it up, admired how cute it was and then put it back down and continued to look around. I found myself looking back at the shelf it was on for another 5 minutes to see if anyone else had picked it up yet. Then I decided I had to have it. I may or may not have *almost* knocked people over to get back to it. Then I took a few pictures of it and sent them to my sister (this is my norm if I cant decide on a purchase). :)
The more I looked at it the more I thought it would be so cute hanging up, like as a light fixture. And what do you know...I needed a new light fixture in my office The Parlor. I think the basket was $3.99. So why in the world I stood there trying deciding if I should get it for 10 minutes is beyond me. Frugalness is a gift God has blessed me with. :)
That night when Mark got home I couldn't wait to show him my new light fixture (well soon to be light fixture). My husband is pretty amazing. I mean, I bring all sorts of crazy things home for my projects and he always gets roped in at some point...but never complains.
I decided to take the handle off and drill a hole in the bottom which would soon be the top that the light cord would come through. I spray painted it white because I thought that would look better in The Parlor. Then I purchased a white Swag Kit for the light part. Mark did the electrical but after watching him I'm pretty sure I could do the next one (with his supervision).
It was super easy, it took maybe 5 minutes. There are lots of videos on YouTube that show you how but be careful if you try it yourself!!! If you are local I can give you the number of certified electricians who are very trustworthy and not expensive.
I really love how it looks! The shadows on the ceiling are so pretty!
I just love how this turned out. I'm now walking around my house trying to decide which rooms need a DIY light fixture in them. :) I think my total cost was less than $15. That includes the basket, spray paint and swag kit.
Do you have any rooms that are needing a new light fixture? I feel like it completely changed the look of the room! I would love to see your before and after pictures if you decide to give it a try!
I would love to hear your thoughts on the Basket turned Light Fixture!

Heather (The Wilson Farm)