Luz
Luz
  • Hammond, IN
Asked on Jan 14, 2019

How do I repair this wall with peeling paint?

DeeKarenKeto
+4

I’m have one bedroom wall the pain is peeling out I’m want remove all for pain again I’m remove some but the othe I’m can’t pls help me

q help me
  • Ginger

Paint should not peel like that - I suspect the wall prep or lack thereof is the culprit

I'd go to a paint store like Sherwin Williams or Ben Moore etc and ask an expert there - take photo ( not Home Depot)

whatever made the paint peel is still there so it needs to come off and the wall properly cleaned and primed and it's possible you might need a pro to skim coat it before painting

if you can't get it smooth the imperfections will telescope through paint

Might look at a vinyl wall covering ... as last resort

• Kelli L. Milligan

Kind of looks like someone painted latex over oil and did no prep. You need to scrap and peel as much as you can then prime it. Agree with Ginger, go to a stand alone paint store to see what they recommend. Good luck, so sorry for your mess.

Don't need to remove what is not peeling or coming off. Just sand and feather the edges to smooth them out with 100 grit sandpaper. Then prime with Kilz primer and paint your color.

• Valleycat1

This is what we did. Other commenter is correct that it looks like latex over oil paint with no primer. Buy the best primer you can afford, the money spent is well worth the results, particularly when you are working with a problem like this.

• Keto

Agree with William

• Karen

I understand that you feel overwhelmed! You can decide to do a little at a time. When you get tired or frustrated just stop. Take a break. Start over the next day.

• Dee

Get some 220 sandpaper and sand the peeling spots down to match the rest of the wall. Kind of feather it in, Do this on all the areas and repaint.

You can also buy texture in a can spray and repaint.