Asked on Jan 14, 2019

How do I repair water damaged hardwood?

Lucy Marie BernierEbbjdlNonni


We have an area of hardwood flooring by our sliding glass door, about 2’x2’ that has been water damaged. We tried just staining it and now it looks worse! I really don’t want to have to have the entire floor sanded and restained, is there an easier way?

3 answers
  • Nonni
    on Jan 14, 2019

    You could either have a professional replace just the dsmage boards or cut an area out in fron of the door and replace with porcelain tile. Be sure to have the tile guy raise the level of the floor enough to make yhe tile level with the wood. Make the tiled area run the legth of the door way and about 24” wide.

  • Ebbjdl
    on Jan 14, 2019

    Jea,. Try an area rug to cover the area that's damaged.

  • Lucy Marie Bernier
    on Jan 15, 2019

    Cut away old wood put flooring down and tile the area ?

Your comment...