Asked on Jan 14, 2019

How do you fix a hole in a closet door?

EllisHappyhomemakerJoann Gonnella Cope
+3

I have a hole in the closet door. Can it be fixed or just need to replace it?

• Nicki Petruzzella Kerns

I need to know this too. We have a hollow-core bedroom door that has a hole in it. In our case, we may just replace it.

• Zard Pocleeb

If it is a hollow core door you’ll have to replace it.

• Rebecca Taylor

Hi there, check out this link which will show you how to fix a hollow core door.

https://www.wikihow.com/Repair-a-Damaged-Hollow-Core-Door

• Joann Gonnella Cope

depending on where the hole is, you can get creative. If it's foot level, like from a boot, add a thin kick plate of paneling/plywood and paint it, or if its center put a picture/poster in a frame and attach it to the door with screws, change the picture when tired of it. I have a hole in one of my bedroom doors ( my disabled sister lives with me) I put up a dry erase board and leave her messages and pictures.

• Happyhomemaker

Thank you all!

• Ellis

If it's at a useful height, and inside the bedroom, you could get one of those wooden boards with a row of hooks on it, then mount it over the hole, thus adding a bunch of hooks to hang robes, etc.