Asked on Jan 14, 2019

How do I fix up a small bedroom?

Nancy TurnerRitaNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA

How do I arrange a 9x8 bedroom with a twin bed a chair and entertainment. Plus I need a chest of drawers for storage. I'm disabled and spend most of my time in my room. I color in adult coloring books and would like to start diamond painting. Any suggestion on how to arrange my room.

• Windows? Door placement? Love adult coloring books too. I have colored hundreds, if not thousands of pages.

• Rita

A murphy bed with attached desk would be an option.

• Nancy Turner

My bedroom is very small, too, but a bit bigger. I have a double bed (I miss my queen!), full size dresser, a night stand with lamp, chest of drawers and cedar chest. I would place the bed so that you have a wall in which would leave you a wall open if possible. Two chest of drawers may fit on one wall with enough room to put a small desk between. Perhaps a small computer desk would work and use one chest of drawers for your craft supplies and finished works. If the desk is on castors, you could pull it to wherever you want to color or paint. The top of one of the chest of drawers could hold a TV of decent size for you to enjoy while you are in your room. I hope this will give you an idea how to arrange your room, Julie!