Get Organized With This Craft Project!

$12

have had these containers collecting on the top shelf in my closet pantry for nearly a year now. Part of organizing and cleaning up and out this January was time to get rid of these containers or do something with them. I had previously used some of these containers to make some containers for faux succulents.

get organized with this craft project

In addition to getting the pantry cleaned out, my craft room is getting a major overhaul and is actually going to be turned into a different room. (I know you will want to follow that story this year!) But, I digress...I am tired of sitting down to do a craft and not having my tools and supplies at my fingertips. The answer was suddenly apparent!  

get organized with this craft project

I had this tabletop round I have considered using for a project for sometime now. You can pick these up at The Home Depot or Lowes in a variety of sizes. You could also use a square or rectangular piece of wood, but you want it to be thick and sturdy like this one. The one I used for this project is 18".  I painted mine black with a paint that included primer. 

get organized with this craft project

I spray painted all of my containers with a gold spray paint.  

get organized with this craft project

I used these washers and screws for my project. These are easy to find and easy to use for this project. Don't skip the washers, you will want to use those to secure your screws in the bottom of your containers.

get organized with this craft project

I used a phillips screwdriver with a hammer and put a small hole in the bottom of of my cans. Next I threaded a screw through the washer and then into the hole in the bottom of my can. For my short cans I used two screw/washers and for my taller containers I used a single one.  

get organized with this craft project

Before I started spray painting, I tried all of my containers on my tabletop to see how many and which size containers I would need. That let me know which ones I needed to paint. I considered putting lazy susan hardware like this on the bottom, but I am going to be using this in a wire cart and don't think it would work well, If you are going to use this on a craft table, you might want to add the hardware to the bottom of your organizer.  

get organized with this craft project

After all of your containers have the screws in the bottom of them, you can set them wrong end up on your base and one by one turn them over and screw each container down tightly to the base.  

get organized with this craft project
get organized with this craft project
get organized with this craft project

When I had it almost complete and began putting my supplies into my cans, I realized I would also like to have my floral tape handy, so I took a piece of a dowel, painted it gold and then used a wood pole joiner screw to attach the dowel to my base. This will keep my floral tape handy, but could be used for ribbons, too!  

get organized with this craft project

Now I have all of my regular supplies at hand, nice and organized! Not only that, they look nice, too!! This is a project that you can customize for whatever your crafting needs are. This one suits my needs, although I think I might make an additional one for some other items, too!!  

Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)

• Marti

What is the idea of the screws on the bottom of the cans? Do you screw the cans to the table?

• Brenda

Perhaps you didn't read all the instructions. They are screwed to a lazy susan base.

• Samantha

Is there any way to make them the containers waterproof?

• C

Cut down some PVC pipe. They come in different diameters and either put a cap on it or hot glue it down.

• Jane

How about adding a lazy susan base to the table top? Just a thought. Love the organization, always a positive thing.

• Carolina

I absolutely love this idea!!! very practical and creative and of course pretty and organized.

• Anna Y

Very nice. Now I know what I will do with the lazy Susan in my garage collecting dust.