Asked on Jan 15, 2019

What can I do about ugly ceramic tile?

Mel KiserKathy Gunter LawJudy
+2

I have tile in my kitchen and bathroom that is ugly. Someone spilled stain on them and still installed them. Also, the grout is very wide and not done well. I thought about paint them but I don’t want to make it worse. Suggestions?

• Virginia dambra

you can mix some grout in a bucket & apply go right over it.try using mineral spirits to get stain off the tile

• Kathie

So I used the mineral spirits and it worked pretty well along with a paint scraper. It seems the idiot also dribbled glue or something too. So even if the grout is pretty wide ( over 1/2 inch) I can put more on?

• Judy

Kathie the stores sell rub on decals for flat surfaces. Even the dollar store has them.

Maybe if you decorate a few tiles it will take away from the eye sore.

Goof off works pretty good removing but not sure about stain.

• Mel Kiser

use paint and stain remover carefully as it can harm your skin/ eyes. When the stain has been lifted and tiles are clean , re-aplly silicone sealers. If the stain is in the grout, dig it out and grout again. Follow directions for application of grout and apply sealer when the time is right