Asked on Jan 15, 2019

How can I decorate my hallway?

OlivaAshley ContrerasRebecca Taylor
+9

Recently painted and new floors but very bland hallway. Walls are very light gray with white trim and flooring is gray. Would like to incorporate some color but don’t know which colors would pop and work.

Hall looking into living room.

Area where bedrooms, bathroom, and laundry room meet in hall.

From dining area down hall.

• Cristine Schwartzberg

Because white and grey are both neutral colors, almost any color will coordinate with it. Do you have a favorite piece of artwork or a rug planned for the hallway? You can pull colors out that for inspiration.

• Cristine Schwartzberg

In my hallway, I used a series of family photos that had blue in them (kids at the beach, family grouping where most of us are wearing blue, a close up of my daughter who has blue eyes). As a result, I am partial to groupings. To keep it cohesive, all the pictures had blue in them and have silver-toned frames.

• I'd recommend pulling colors from the surrounding areas on either end of the hallway. You could create a gallery wall of photos and art that all incorporate those colors. Good luck!

• Any color will pop and work! You have a neutral background. Choose items or artwork that makes you happy!

• Rebecca Taylor

Hi jeanette, the great thing about gray is that it is a neutral color and goes with any other color. Since you can see another room from the hall I would pick a color that is in that room so that there is a nice flow of color. You can get the color a little darker or lighter, it doesn't have to be matchy matchy. There are so many beautiful stencils these days that you could stencil the whole wall or a border or chair rail. You could also do a gallery wall which would look nice.

• Ashley Contreras

Make it a wall of letters. Either abc’s or the last letter of your last name

• Oliva

I'd add trim moulding of various lengths/widths to fit the walls. They can be painted a contrast color to the walls, or left white, with walls a brighter color.