Laura
Laura
  • Channahon, IL
Asked on Jan 15, 2019

How high should my board and batten be?

Cynthia HSethRalphy babes
+1

I’m putting board and batten in my entry hall. It’s a small space and directly left of the entry door is a small landing for the stairway. This makes the ceiling lower on the landing. Do I stay consistent with the height of my board and batten (42 inches up from the floor) which will make the board and batten go pretty high up the landing wall and staircase wall, or do I keep the landing height of the board and batten even with the hallway height ? This would make the landing board and batten 35 inches up from the landing floor.

Keep all the board and batten the same height otherwise it would look off. The 35" would look better in a small space. 42" would give height but visually make it looks smaller and cramped.

• Ralphy babes

I,am a chippy of 45years in my book always exaggerate something to hide it I would go high big kiss,s

• Seth

Laura,

Make up some boards for both heights. Try them in different places to see what the effect of the height is and then decide, but keep them consistent as William suggested.

• Cynthia H

I would keep it all the same height.