Dress Up Your Ceilings With Faux Tin Ceiling Tiles

$45

Have you ever been in a house built in the early 1900's that had the original pressed tin ceilings? My great grandmother had them in her bathroom and I remember being fascinated by her "fancy" ceiling even though the metal tiles were rusted and chippy. Did you know you can buy faux tin ceiling tiles at a fraction of the cost of the real thing that are incredibly easy to put up? We installed some in our small half bathroom and I just love how it adds a vintage flair to our new room. To read all the details along with where to find the best deals on the products we used, head on over to my blog: https://www.simplicityinthesouth.com/how-to-install-faux-tin-ceiling-tiles-bathroom/

BEFORE- We started off with a blank space when we added a downstairs half bath room. My vision for the new bathroom was to incorporate materials that would have been original to our home built in 1915.

Since the panels are plastic, they work well on ceilings in areas that get high humidity such as bathrooms with showers. Since they aren't real tin metal tiles, you don't have to worry about them rusting.

23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Tricia @ Simplicity In The South

• Christina

How do you take them down without ruining the ceiling?

• I’d imagine removing them would damage the drywall. Instead of these, you can buy a nail-up panels that are more ridged than the ones we purchased. The nail up panels have to be nailed into furing strips or plywood that’s installed on the ceiling.

• Jill Jenkins

Where did you find these for 2$ a sq ft? They’re very expensive around here. The cheapest I’ve found is amazon. 13$ for one 18x24 piece.

• Cherie

the panels are 4'x2', thats 8 sq ft so if the panel is $16 that's 2 bucks a sq ft.

• Chrissy-Lou

You did a beautiful job. I had a thought, though- wouldn’t the pockets behind the plastic in a steamy bathroom be a breeding ground for mold? I live in the South. Mold loves our humidity. Is there something you could treat it with first?

• TB

when buying these tiles you have to make sure they say safe for bathroom. Most plastic, pvc or resin is bathroom safe.

• Tina Kull

I love it! We have a 100+ year old house and have been considering ceiling treatments. I appreciate that you included stores and online sources for the best pricing.

Answering another comment, you can get moisture retardant paint to use on the ceiling drywall before hanging these panels.

• Joan Myhre

Beautiful! I love this idea! May have to try it when it will work for the space we're doing!