6 Easy DIY Home Hacks Using Reusable Shopping Bags

$2

I purchased these plastic reusable shopping bags at the Dollar Tree and soon discovered how versitile they were when it comes to putting them to use around the house.

These bags come in a variety of patterns and colors and they tend to put new ones out with the changing seasons. The examples I've used here are bags I purchase over Christmas.

Supplies

Plastic Reusable Shopping Bag

Scissors

Instructions: Cut out both side panels and cut of the handles. You are left with a rectangle that can be used for all sorts of things, I've got a few great examples to show you!

#1 Boot/Shoe Mat

You can simply lay it out on the floor for a boot or shoe mat or cut to size to use as a lining on a shoe rack or for the bottom of the closet

#2 Pet Mat

I also used one of the bags by the patio door where the dog goes in and out. We are still working on getting him to stay by the door until I wipe off his paws. I had a regular little house mat there before but I actually prefer this, it’s easy to wipe off and keep clean.

# 3 Pet Food Mat

These work great for under the pet food water and food dishes! It’s so easy to cut and clean.

# 4 Plant Mat

These also work well for under indoor plants! You can change the bag to match the season or holiday and its very affordable and re-usable too!

#5 Table Runner or Cover

These red and white bags had such a nice design, they look lovely just about anywhere! Again like the checkered bag I just cut out the side panels and cut off the handles.

#6 Cupboard Liner

Because they are light weight plastic they work great for cupboard or pantry liners and perfect under the sink!

There are just endless possibilities! For under $2.00 you have a durable, colorful, waterproof mat.

I’m excited to watch for different bags to change things up for spring!

Starr Durrant

• Debra Ridley Hurst

Why don't I ever think of this stuff? Especially the ones for under doggy rating zone and plants.

• Vanessa Galbreath

Do you attach anything to the back to keep it from slipping under your feet?

• Wanda Woolard

i use the rubber like cabinet liner purchased at the dollar tree to prevent slipping. I use it under my table cloth too. A small piece does the job for me..