6 Easy DIY Home Hacks Using Reusable Shopping Bags

$2

I purchased these plastic reusable shopping bags at the Dollar Tree and soon discovered how versitile they were when it comes to putting them to use around the house.

6 easy diy home hacks using reusable shopping bags

These bags come in a variety of patterns and colors and they tend to put new ones out with the changing seasons. The examples I've used here are bags I purchase over Christmas.

Supplies

Plastic Reusable Shopping Bag

Scissors

Instructions: Cut out both side panels and cut of the handles. You are left with a rectangle that can be used for all sorts of things, I've got a few great examples to show you!

#1 Boot/Shoe Mat

You can simply lay it out on the floor for a boot or shoe mat or cut to size to use as a lining on a shoe rack or for the bottom of the closet

#2 Pet Mat

I also used one of the bags by the patio door where the dog goes in and out. We are still working on getting him to stay by the door until I wipe off his paws. I had a regular little house mat there before but I actually prefer this, it’s easy to wipe off and keep clean.

# 3 Pet Food Mat

These work great for under the pet food water and food dishes! It’s so easy to cut and clean.

# 4 Plant Mat

These also work well for under indoor plants! You can change the bag to match the season or holiday and its very affordable and re-usable too!

#5 Table Runner or Cover

These red and white bags had such a nice design, they look lovely just about anywhere! Again like the checkered bag I just cut out the side panels and cut off the handles.

#6 Cupboard Liner

Because they are light weight plastic they work great for cupboard or pantry liners and perfect under the sink!

There are just endless possibilities! For under $2.00 you have a durable, colorful, waterproof mat.

I’m excited to watch for different bags to change things up for spring!

Starr Durrant