DIY Plant Stand Make-Over

$7
1 Minute

I was doing my useful Thrift Store run on the weekend looking for new project ideas and I found this wonderful black metal plant stand for $3.99. I also found a bright and colorful large bowl for $2.50 so for $6.50 and in under 1 minute I was able to transform an old plant stand into a beautiful, unique, new and improved plant stand that is a perfect addition to my home décor. No glue, no tools, no fuss and no muss!

I first found the plant stand and while I liked it and I need one, it lacked any sense of real personality. If I have to have it taking up space, I want it to be colorful and appealing and match my decor.

The next step was finding a platter or large bowl that would rest inside this. The bowl I found was the perfect size and my preferred color palette for that particular room.

The final step was to just simply place the bowl into the plant stand and set my plant on top - it was that easy! This would work inside or out and it would also make a beautiful bird bath! One person commented on my blog that it would make a nice side table by the door for keys. So many possibilities! I love the vibrant colors and I always like having something that it one of a kind.

I hope this inspires you to look at old things in a new way!

• Large platter or bowl  (Thrift Store)
  • Metal plant stand  (Thrift Store)

Starr Durrant