How to Install a Backsplash

$10

Remodeling a bathroom on a budget? Try to find vanities, vanity tops (with coordinating backsplash/sidesplashes) at places like ReStore. Since vanities typically come in standard sizes, this is a great way to save money on a remodel. Plus, it's easy to install the backsplash and sidesplash in your space!

First, remove any remaining residue from previous installs. The back side of the backsplash/sidesplash should be smooth, ready for new adhesive.

Use a caulk gun to apply construction to the back side of the backsplash and each sidesplash.

note: here is the full supply list to install a granite backsplash

Also, use the caulk gun to apply clear silicone to the vanity top. The clear silicone should be applied where the backsplash/sidesplash will be placed onto the counter.

Place the sidesplash or backsplash onto the vanity top. Once it is set in place, press it against the wall. The construction adhesive will adhere it to the drywall.

Finally, run a line of clear silicone along the angle where the backsplash/sidesplash meets the vanity top. This will prevent water from seeping in between the two pieces.

Gorgeous, right? You can also check out the full vanity makeover (which included making it taller and deeper!) if you are looking for more affordable bathroom reno ideas.

Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Lora

• Veralucia Santos

• Kerrie Babineaux Jager

I LOVE this! I’ll be remodeling my bathroom by myself and this is easy enough for me to do without having to worry about messing it up. Now, if I was only a pro at taking down glued on waterproof sheets of hard plastic that are in my shower/bathtub so I can install greenboard and cover it properly, I’d be good to go! Thank you!

• Lora

I've never down anything with tub/shower surrounds, but we may be working on that later this spring. I'd love to hear how you do it Kerrie!