Asked on Jan 16, 2019

How to repair dining table?

SharonMel KiserShore grandmom
+3

My granddaughter left a foam cup of liquid on her dining room table overnight. The cup "failed" and oozed liquid on the table that was not discovered until the next night. The veneer has raised a bubble in the center of the table. Any way to fix it or at least make it less obvious?

• Shore grandmom

As far as covering it, you could use a tablecloth or a table runner. I've never found anything that worked for repairing that issue. I'll be watching the other answers in case I have that problem again.

• Mel Kiser

what the heck was in that cup? sounds like a solvent of sorts. Scrape away 99 percentof foam carefully so as no harm comes to the surface. If the finish is harmed ,sand scrape and re apply varnish or other coating. Might be easier to paint and cover it.

• Mel Kiser

use hypodermic needle to inject glue under veneer and poke a relief hole on other side of bubble. Squeeze excess glue out apply weight to hold down until glue dries. Do not let steel or iron contact the oak as it will react and turn black. Use wax paper between

• Sharon

That sounds amazing. THANK YOU. I'm going to give it a whirl.

• Sharon

I'm thinking jet fuel (just kidding). It did not harm the finish, it just lifted the veneer into a bubble. Thanks for the reply